Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tour de Cure: Ride Day

The bikes are loaded in the car. The sun is rising, and the temperature is still cool. Soon - the family will be awake and we will all climb into the car and drive up to Hood River.

We are excited!

Just for you - since we don't have any ride day photos yet, and I'm sure you are sitting by the computer all day long today - here is a logo that Nate and Jody created for our team T-shirts.


Nate and Jody were going to ride on our team (they are serious bikers) - but they had a crazy relative that thought getting married in July was the thing to do this year. Who gets married in July? Uh...I guess Mick and I did....so I guess we can't blame them. Since they could ride with us, Nate and Jody created this cool design and had it made into a silk screen for us. Wednesday night Mick and I screened it onto a bunch of shirts, after a quick explanation from N&J how to do it - since they were getting on a plane at 1am Wednesday morning. Most of them turned out really well.

Brian measures screen placement

T-shirts drying....don't touch!

Logo closeup

I played around a little with coloring the design to try and come up with a logo I could print out at work on our large HP 800ps 42 inch plotter. Maybe a banner to put on the car... I had some fun with it - but I didn't have the original file that they had created, just a lower resolution JPG. And so, it didn't scale up to 80x42 inches. But you can see it here...



Nice!

No comments: