Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Yard Work 2008 #13

Wow - it has been a month and a half since the last lawn mowing, back on July 12th I think.


I thought maybe I mowed before Kevin & Paula and their kids visited us in early August - but I think we were too busy with Tour de Cure for that.

So - no grass was cut at all in August at our house.   Some areas were quite long, and other areas had died from no water.  The inflatable pool killed off its own 70 square feet or so.

They (the Portland area Metro people) say that you should water only 1 inch per week.  Since we received around 0.20 inches in July, and 3.30 inches in August (2.70 inches was in a 1-week period)....that is enough for just over 4 weeks.  I got this rain data from the City of Portland HYDRA Rainfall Network - Sylvania PCC gauge.

It will be another month at least before we start getting "Portland Rain" again...so maybe only 1 more cut before October.  Stay tuned!

No comments: