Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Snakes and Arrows 2008 - We're going!

In 2007, Rush had their Snakes and Arrows tour. It came to Portland (actually - the Clark County Amphitheater in Vancouver) - so Mick and I had to go. We had seen them on the R30 tour in 2004 - but Rush puts on quite a show - you can't pass up seeing them. Only 3 guys - Geddy, Alex, and Neil - they work hard and you can tell it in how they sound. As Connor would say - Awesome!

Anyway - they are touring again this year - the Snakes and Arrows 2008 tour. We decided not to go - as tickets aren't cheap, and the lawn experience at the CCA is unique. It is fun, no doubt - but you really can't see much of the stage without binoculars. The large screens let you see the action - but the stage. Ahh...to be sitting close.

KGON had quite a few chances to win tickets - even with their 5-4-3-2-1 row countdown a few weeks ago. But no matter how many times I dialed the phone, I never got more than a 'all circuits are busy' or busy signals. Well - today was different. I heard another 'cue to call' and started dialing. I was at work - and after a few busy signals I figured I'd dial my cell phone as well. After fumbling around, the first time I hit dial - I didn't even hear a ring - just heard 'You're caller number 9 - you won tickets to go see RUSH!'. Yipee! I think it was Marty at KGON liked my name - since the lead singer for AC/DC is also Brian Johnson....

So - I have to go down to KGON and pick up the tickets and see where they are. Probably not in rows 1-2-3-4 or 5 - but hopefully close. Back in 1996, we saw them on the Test for Echo tour at the Rose Garden in Portland, way up on the left side. Back in 1990 I saw them on the Presto tour when they were at the Met Center in Bloomington, MN. I was in row 40 of 41....could hardly see the stage.

This time - hopefully we'll be close!

No comments: