Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Snakes and Arrows 2008 - We went!

Sunday night Rush came to town (or at least, north of town) and we were there!

Geddy, Alex, and Neil performed at the Amphitheater at Clark County on their Snakes and Arrows 2008 tour. The show so good they just continued from last year.



Sorry - but I can't really describe what a great show it was. We had tickets in the first row of Section 203 - with the VIP section in front and below us, and the first section below them. So we had a great view from these seats. These were actually the 2nd pair of tickets I had won from KGON - the 1st pair were 5 rows behind us. We gave these to Jared and his roommate, who had a really good time. The first pair of tickets I won back in March by being the 9th caller at 'the cue to call.' There is a 30 day prize winning limit - but I won the 2nd pair in May. Those tickets gave me a 1 in 5 chance of winning the Snakes on the Stage tickets. These are two seats up on stage, about 15 feet away from Geddy's setup. The guys that did win these tickets had a great time - I'm sure that if I was up there I would have been as animated as they were.

You can see current photos of the tour (the Portland photos were available less than 12 hours after the show finished). Just go to http://www.rush.com/ - and go to Multimedia / Rush on the Road. Check near the bottom for the Portland photos. We don't show up in any of them, and they can't show the excitement of the crowd - but they are cool to see (the two on this page are from there). If you check www.youtube.com - you can see lots of phone camera movies....

All the favorites were played, as well as most of their new stuff. Neil's drum solo was over 3 hours long (not really - but I wasn't looking at my watch). He had some themes carryover from his previous solos (last year here)- but he changed it up quite a bit. I understand a little better how he does this amazing work after watching his DVD - Anatomy of a Drum Solo.

No comments: