Friday, June 20, 2008

We saw Recess Monkey, did you?

In Tualatin on Tuesday nights during the summer, the Tualatin Library hosts various events at the Tualatin Commons. This week the event was a short concert by Recess Monkey.

These three guys were pretty good. They were not Rush, but they resembled They Might Be Giants in their style of songs. You can hear them on their website - I like "Got A Toy But I Played With The Box" the best, I think. "Backback" was a little long....not sure I liked that one, and I think they started to loose some of the audience at that point. They did have a group of kids dancing around that became know at the Recess Monkey dancers. All in all - a very fun time on a beautiful summer night.

A fun adventure - that we almost missed. We had been planning to go to the library that night, before it CLOSES FOR A MONTH! We will be library-less in Tualatin until July 14th. I think we will survive, because we went to the Tigard library on Sunday. I think they have enough books to take of those of us in Tualatin who joined the Summer Reading Club. I've already got three books read. I think Connor, Tegan, and Mick all have me beat already.

Next up this Tuesday, June 24th is the Border Collie International Performing Team. Looks like fun. See you there!

No comments: