Monday, November 17, 2008

Yard Work 2008 #16

After quite a bit of rain and wind recently - the grass needed cutting and the leaves were piling up. This past weekend was full of other things to do that managed to use up all the daylight hours. The weather has been nice for a few days, so things have started to dry out a little. Today I got cut #16 for the year in the bag, and then in the yard debris container. I should have done the oil changing maintenance on the mower, but by 4:45pm - it was getting dark. Maybe next time.

The grass has really slowed down in growth - but I don't think this was the last mowing of the season. Everything is still green - but it has really gone dormant. A few trees still have those die-hard leaves attached - and a trim up in December just might happen this year to get the last leaves and prevent the grass from matting up this winter.

Guess I'll have to turn my 'extra' energy to inside the house projects now. Or maybe just catch up on reading my This Old House magazine. Then I'll have a list of more projects to add to my to-do list.

No comments: